How Long Does Commercial HVAC Equipment Last?
Even though you may take exceptional care of the commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system at your Downers Grove business, the reality is all equipment reaches the end of its useful service life at some point.
So how long do you have before your commercial HVAC equipment needs to be replaced? A well-maintained commercial HVAC system can last about 15 years but will become less efficient as it ages.
At Amber Mechanical, we take all your commercial heating and cooling needs seriously. We want you to get the most out of your equipment.
Our professionals install top-quality products and extend our services to repairs and routine maintenance to ensure your equipment continues to function properly. We proudly serve businesses throughout Illinois and offer lasting solutions to help support their success.
Importance of Commercial HVAC Equipment Maintenance
Although your commercial HVAC equipment can last approximately 15 years, this is not guaranteed if you fail to keep up with maintenance. Your equipment will only work properly if you take care of it and schedule regular preventative maintenance visits.
A poorly-maintained commercial HVAC system may not even reach 10 years before it starts malfunctioning.
Benefits of Maintaining Your Commercial HVAC Equipment in Downers Grove, IL
Maintenance is the key to prolonging the life of your equipment and ensuring it operates as efficiently as possible for the duration of its expected service life. Here are some benefits for maintaining your commercial HVAC systems:
- Supports optimal performance
- Helps decrease the risk of breakdowns and costly repairs
- Improves your indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Offers you peace of mind knowing your equipment is in top shape
Even with maintenance, issues can crop up over time—but if they do, know Amber Mechanical is here to help with any needed repairs.
If your equipment has outlived its useful service life or it makes more sense to replace rather than repair it, our experts can help by installing a new system.
How Do I Know When I Need to Replace My Commercial HVAC System?
Some key signs it could be time to replace your commercial HVAC equipment include:
- Your system is 10 years old or more: At 10 years, your commercial HVAC equipment will start showing signs of wear and tear and work less efficiently. Replacing an outdated system with a more efficient one saves on energy use and costs.
- You want a more efficient system: Looking for more energy efficiency? Install an ENERGY STAR® certified commercial HVAC system.
According to ENERGY STAR, you could save up to 20 percent on your heating and cooling costs with an ENERGY STAR certified system. If long-term savings and energy efficiency is your goal, go for the upgrade.
- Your electric bills are higher than usual: If you notice your utility costs increasing and can’t figure out why, your commercial HVAC equipment could be the culprit. It could be aging and less efficient or a sign of a potential breakdown.
- The air quality at your business is poor: Your commercial HVAC equipment should keep your humidity levels within the appropriate range and offer clean, healthy air. If this is not the case, your system may be failing to do its job.
- Your building has hot and cold spots: Inconsistent temperatures mean your commercial HVAC system isn’t working efficiently. Although the issue may be due to a faulty thermostat, clogged air filter, or damaged part, it could also be that your current system isn’t capable of evenly distributing conditioned air throughout the building. You may have an incorrectly-sized system for your property, or the system may no longer be efficient enough to keep the area comfortable.
You can support the optimal and efficient operation of your commercial HVAC system by properly maintaining it. When the time comes to replace or service your equipment, know Amber Mechanical is a phone call away.
Call Us for Your Commercial HVAC System Maintenance In Downers Grove, IL
Our Amber Mechanical professionals are here to address all your commercial HVAC installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance needs for your Downers Grove, business. Call us for service today or request service online.